Today I will explain the differentiate between speed and velocity in detail.
- The numeric value(magnitude) of velocity is called speed.
- It is a scalar quantity.
- It’s magnitude can be negative relative to other aspects of motion.
- Rate of change of displacement is called velocity.
- It is a vector quantity.
- It’s magnitude is always positive as negative sign only shows direction in vectors.
I hope you have understood the differentiate between speed and velocity. I would be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest, Twitter, or Instagram. Thank you!
Recap of what we just learned?
- Differentiate between speed and velocity
- What is the differentiate between distance and displacement?
- What is the difference between elastic and inelastic collisions?
- What is the difference between uniform and variable velocity?
If you’re facing any doubt about the qualities of differentiate between speed and velocity, you can leave a message below, and we’ll attempt to give you feedback as early as possible.