In this article, I am going to provide a list of another word for Like, 10 Sentences with Like and Antonyms for Like.
What is another word for like? In this blog post, we will explore various synonyms for like and delve into their meanings and usage. “Like” is a versatile word that conveys positive feelings, preferences, or similarities. By discovering alternative words for like, we can enhance our communication skills and express our preferences or similarities with greater precision.
Origin and History of “Like”
The word “like” has its roots in Old English and Middle English. It has evolved over time to become a common word in the English language. The use of “like” to express preference or similarity can be found in literature and spoken language throughout history.
What is the meaning of Like?
Like refers to having a positive inclination or preference for something or someone. It can also denote similarity or resemblance to another person, thing, or concept. “Like” is often used to express enjoyment, admiration, or agreement.
Real-World Examples of Like
- Social Media: On social media platforms, users can express their positive reactions to posts by using the “like” button. By clicking “like,” users indicate their appreciation or agreement with the content shared by others.
- Taste and Preferences: When someone says, “I really like Italian cuisine,” they are expressing their positive preference for Italian food. This preference indicates their enjoyment of the flavors, ingredients, and culinary traditions associated with Italian cuisine.
List of synonyms/another word for Like
Here is the list of another word for Like:
- Delight in
- Take pleasure in
- Be fond of
- Take to
- Take a shine to
List of antonyms for Like
Here is the list of of opposite words for Like:
10 Sentences with Like
Here is a list of 10 Sentences with Like:
- I like to spend my weekends relaxing at home with a good book.
- She sings beautifully, just like a professional singer.
- I really like the new restaurant downtown; the food is delicious and the ambiance is fantastic.
- The children gathered around the ice cream truck, eagerly choosing their favorite flavors.
- John likes to play basketball in his free time; it’s his favorite sport.
- I like the way the artist uses vibrant colors in their paintings.
- My best friend and I have similar tastes in music; we both like indie rock bands.
- The audience erupted with applause, showing their appreciation for the talented performers.
- Some people prefer tea over coffee because they like its soothing properties.
- I always like spending time with my family during the holidays; it brings us closer together.
In conclusion, “like” is a versatile word that allows us to express positive feelings, preferences, or similarities. By exploring synonyms for like, we can expand our vocabulary and communicate our preferences with greater precision. Likewise, understanding antonyms for like provides us with the ability to express our dislikes or aversions. Whether expressing admiration, enjoyment, or agreement, the word “like” plays an important role in our daily interactions and conversations.
If you really enjoyed the article “another word for Like,” then I would be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Have you read “10 Sentences with Like?“ Which of these blogs are you reading, and how is it similar to one of them?
- What is another word for Learn? | Learn Synonyms, Antonyms and Sentences
- What is another word for Believe? | Believe Synonyms, Antonyms and Sentences
- What is another word for Understand? | Understand Synonyms, Antonyms and Sentences
- What is another word for Work? | Work Synonyms, Antonyms and Sentences
- What is another word for Very? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Very