In this article, I am going to provide a list of another word for Dominant, 10 Sentences with Dominant and Antonyms for Dominant.
What is another word for Dominant? In this blog post, we will explore alternative synonyms for the word “Dominant” and delve into their meanings and usage. Expanding our vocabulary with different words that convey similar ideas can enhance our communication skills and help us express the concept of power, control, and influence more effectively. So, let’s dive in and discover alternative expressions for Dominant.
Origin and History of “Dominant”
The word “Dominant” has its origins in the Latin word “dominans,” which means “ruling” or “governing.” Throughout history, the term has been used to describe individuals, entities, or factors that hold authority, influence, or control over others.
What is the meaning of Dominant?
When we refer to something as Dominant, we generally mean it is exerting power, control, or influence over others. It suggests a superior or prevailing position, indicating that the dominant entity or factor is the most significant, important, or influential in a particular context.
Real-World Examples of Dominant
- Dominant Species: In the realm of biology, a dominant species refers to an organism that holds the most significant influence or control within an ecological community. These species have a higher population density, greater competitive advantage, and play a crucial role in shaping the ecosystem.
- Dominant Market Player: In business and economics, a dominant market player refers to a company or organization that holds a substantial market share and exercises significant control over the industry. These dominant players often set trends, dictate prices, and shape the competitive landscape.
List of synonyms/another word for Dominant
Here is the list of another word for Dominant:
List of antonyms for Dominant
Here is the list of of opposite words for Dominant:
10 Sentences with Dominant
Here is a list of 10 Sentences with Dominant:
- The dominant team won the championship for the third consecutive year.
- Her dominant personality made her a natural leader in the group.
- The dominant hand is typically more skilled and precise than the non-dominant hand.
- The dominant culture of a society often shapes its values, norms, and practices.
- In a wolf pack, the dominant wolf assumes leadership and controls the pack’s activities.
- The dominant ideology influenced the political landscape and public opinion.
- The dominant color in the painting evoked a sense of intensity and power.
- The dominant gene determines the physical characteristics inherited by offspring.
- The dominant narrative in history textbooks often reflects the perspectives of those in power.
- The dominant player in the industry acquired several smaller competitors, solidifying its market position.
In conclusion, exploring synonyms for Dominant allows us to expand our vocabulary and effectively convey the concept of power, control, and influence. From leading and prevailing to influential and supreme, these alternative words offer diverse ways to articulate the idea of something exerting authority or holding a superior position. By incorporating these synonyms into our language, we can communicate more precisely and capture the nuances of dominance in various contexts. So, next time you want to express the concept of Dominant, consider using one of these alternative words to convey your message with clarity.
If you really enjoyed the article “another word for Dominant,” then I would be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Have you read “10 Sentences with Dominant?“ Which of these blogs are you reading, and how is it similar to one of them?
- What is another word for Busy? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Busy
- What is another word for Prior? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Prior
- What is another word for Modern? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Modern
- What is another word for Narrow? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Narrow
- What is another word for Serious? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Serious