In this article, I am going to provide a list of another word for Busy, 10 Sentences with Busy and Antonyms for Busy.
What is another word for busy? In this blog post, we will explore the synonyms, antonyms, and various aspects related to the term “busy.” Let’s delve into the origin, meaning, examples, synonyms, antonyms, and short sentences featuring this commonly used word.
Origin and History of “Busy”
The word “busy” originated from the Old English word “bisig,” which meant “anxious” or “occupied.” Over time, its meaning evolved to represent a state of being engaged or occupied with various tasks, responsibilities, or activities.
What is the meaning of Busy?
Busy refers to a state of being actively engaged or occupied with tasks, responsibilities, or activities, often implying a lack of free time or availability. It suggests a high level of involvement or preoccupation with various duties or commitments.
Real-World Examples of Busy
- In a bustling city like New York, it’s common to see people rushing around, busy with work, meetings, and appointments. The fast-paced nature of the city keeps its inhabitants occupied throughout the day.
- During the holiday season, retail workers often find themselves overwhelmed and extremely busy, dealing with long queues, customer inquiries, and inventory management.
List of synonyms/another word for Busy
Here is the list of another word for Busy:
List of antonyms for Busy
Here is the list of of opposite words for Busy:
10 Sentences with Busy
Here is a list of 10 Sentences with Busy:
- She is always busy juggling multiple tasks at once.
- The restaurant was busy with customers during lunchtime.
- He was too busy to attend the meeting.
- The construction workers were busy completing the project on time.
- My schedule is busy with back-to-back appointments.
- The shopkeeper is often busy attending to customers.
- The children kept themselves busy with board games.
- We had a busy day full of meetings and deadlines.
- The phone lines were busy, so I couldn’t reach them.
- Despite being busy, she always finds time for her hobbies.
In conclusion, being busy implies a state of active engagement and involvement in various tasks and responsibilities. Synonyms for busy include occupied, engaged, and productive, while antonyms include idle, free, and relaxed. Understanding different aspects and alternatives to the term “busy” allows for effective communication and expression of one’s level of engagement and availability.
What is another word for busy? By exploring the meaning, synonyms, antonyms, and real-world examples, we gain a deeper understanding of this commonly used term.
If you really enjoyed the article “another word for Busy,” then I would be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Have you read “10 Sentences with Busy?“ Which of these blogs are you reading, and how is it similar to one of them?
- What is another word for Prior? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Prior
- What is another word for Modern? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Modern
- What is another word for Narrow? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Narrow
- What is another word for Serious? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Serious
- What is another word for Miracle? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Miracle