In this article, I am going to provide a list of another word for Alkaline, 10 Sentences with Alkaline and Antonyms for Alkaline.
Alkaline is a term frequently used in the field of chemistry to describe substances that have a high pH level and are capable of neutralizing acids. Understanding the origin and history of alkaline, as well as exploring its meaning, synonyms, and antonyms, can provide valuable insights into this important chemical concept. In this blog post, we will delve into the world of alkalinity and expand our vocabulary to discover alternative words that convey similar meanings.
Origin and History of “Alkaline”
The word “alkaline” originated from the Arabic term “al-qalī,” meaning “ashes of saltwort.” The concept of alkalinity has been known since ancient times, with early civilizations recognizing the properties of alkaline substances like ashes and lye.
What is the meaning of Alkaline?
Alkaline refers to substances that have a high pH level above 7, indicating a basic or non-acidic nature. These substances are known for their ability to neutralize acids and can be found in various contexts, including chemistry, biology, and nutrition.
Real-World Examples of Alkaline
- Antacid Medication: Antacid medications such as Tums or Maalox contain alkaline compounds like calcium carbonate or magnesium hydroxide. These substances work by neutralizing excess stomach acid, providing relief from conditions such as heartburn or acid reflux.
- Alkaline Batteries: Alkaline batteries are commonly used in electronic devices and toys. They are designed to generate electricity through a chemical reaction that takes place in an alkaline electrolyte, usually potassium hydroxide, which allows for efficient and long-lasting power.
List of synonyms/another word for Alkaline
Here is the list of another word for Alkaline:
- High pH
- Mildly basic
List of antonyms for Alkaline
Here is the list of of opposite words for Alkaline:
10 Sentences with Alkaline
Here is a list of 10 Sentences with Alkaline:
- The chemist used litmus paper to determine whether the solution was acidic or alkaline.
- Drinking alkaline water is believed to help balance the body’s pH levels.
- Some plants prefer to grow in alkaline soil, while others thrive in acidic conditions.
- Alkaline substances can be corrosive if not handled properly.
- The scientist added an alkaline solution to the mixture to neutralize the acidity.
- Alkaline batteries are commonly used in remote controls and portable devices.
- The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14, with 7 being neutral and values above 7 considered alkaline.
- Alkaline compounds are often used in cleaning products due to their ability to dissolve grease and oils.
- Certain alkaline foods, such as leafy greens and citrus fruits, are believed to have health benefits.
- The alkaline nature of some rocks contributes to the formation of caves and underground caverns.
Understanding the concept of alkaline and its significance in various fields can enhance our knowledge of chemistry, biology, and everyday applications. Whether we encounter alkaline substances in batteries, antacid medications, or soil composition, recognizing their properties and alternative words allows for better comprehension and communication.
If you really enjoyed the article “another word for Alkaline,” then I would be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Have you read “10 Sentences with Alkaline?“ Which of these blogs are you reading, and how is it similar to one of them?
- What is another word for Feminist? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Feminist
- What is another word for Calm? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Calm
- What is another word for Support? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Support
- What is another word for Preceding? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Preceding
- What is another word for Partition? Sentences, Antonyms and Synonyms for Partition