The word “contacted” refers to the act of establishing communication with someone or reaching out to them.
The origin of the word “contacted” comes from the Latin word “contactus,” which means to touch or to come into contact with. Over time, the meaning evolved to include the idea of establishing communication with someone or reaching out to them.
Contacted Synonyms: reached out, communicated, connected, got in touch, got hold of, reached, touched base, made contact, corresponded, engaged
Antonyms of Contacted: ignored, neglected, isolated, separated, unconnected, disconnected, detached, estranged, disassociated, aloof
Example Sentences for Contacted
- She contacted her old friend after many years.
- He contacted the company for more information.
- They contacted their lawyer for advice.
- She contacted the school to enroll her child.
- He contacted the hotel to make a reservation.
- They contacted the doctor to schedule an appointment.
- She contacted the event organizers to participate.
- He contacted the repairman to fix his car.
- They contacted the authorities to report the accident.
- She contacted the store to ask about the product.
Examples in daily life communication
- “Can you please contact me later today?” – said when requesting someone to call or message you later.
- “I will contact you tomorrow with an update” – said when letting someone know you will reach out to them with information.
- “I have already contacted the supplier about the delivery” – said when informing someone that you have already established communication regarding a matter.
- “I will contact you as soon as I have more information” – said when letting someone know you will reach out to them once you have more information.
- “I need to contact my boss before I can give you an answer” – said when informing someone that you need to reach out to someone else before you can respond to them.
In conclusion, the word “contacted” plays an important role in daily communication as it refers to the act of establishing communication with someone or reaching out to them. With numerous synonyms and antonyms available, it is a versatile and useful word in various contexts.
Whether it is in business, personal relationships, or everyday conversation, the ability to effectively communicate and make contact is crucial to our daily lives.