In this article, I am going to provide a list of Isolated synonyms, another word for Isolated, Example Sentences with Isolated and Antonyms for Isolated.
The term isolated is a word that conveys the idea of being separated, alone, or cut off from others. It often implies a lack of connection or interaction with one’s surroundings. In this blog post, we will delve into the meaning, origin, and various facets of isolated and explore synonyms and antonyms that help convey this concept effectively.
Isolation can be a profound and sometimes challenging experience, affecting individuals, communities, and even nations. To understand it better, let’s explore the meaning, origin, and examples of isolated.
Check also: Initiate Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
Source: English As A Second Language
Origin and History of “Isolated”
The word isolated has its roots in the Latin language. It is derived from the Latin word “insula,” which means “island.” This Latin term beautifully encapsulates the idea of being detached or separated, much like an island in the vast sea.
The use of “isolated” in English can be traced back to the early 18th century. As the English language evolved, so did the usage of this word to describe situations where someone or something is detached or cut off from its surroundings.
Real-World Examples of Isolated
To grasp the concept of isolated, let’s explore two real-world examples:
- Geographical Isolation: In the natural world, islands are often the epitome of isolated places. Islands are surrounded by water, cutting them off from the mainland. This geographical isolation can lead to unique ecosystems and wildlife found nowhere else on Earth.
- Social Isolation: In the context of human experiences, social isolation occurs when individuals are physically or emotionally detached from their social networks or communities. This can result from factors such as remote living, health issues, or personal choice.
List of Isolated Synonyms (Another Word for Isolated)
Here is the list of Isolated Synonyms:
- Secluded: Kept away from the company of others; hidden from view.
- Solitary: Existing or living alone; without companions.
- Remote: Far away from other places, buildings, or people.
- Desolate: Barren, empty, and lacking inhabitants.
- Lonely: Feeling unhappiness from being alone.
Check also: Informer Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
List of Antonyms for Isolated
Here is the list of of opposite words for Isolated:
- Connected: Having established links or relationships with others.
- Inclusive: Embracing and welcoming a diverse range of people or ideas.
- Engaged: Actively participating or involved with others.
- Integrated: Blending or combining different elements into a unified whole.
- Interactive: Involving a two-way flow of communication or action.
Example Sentences with Isolated
Here is a list of example sentences with Isolated:
- The small village was isolated from the rest of the world by a dense forest.
- The lighthouse stood tall on the isolated island, guiding ships safely.
- She felt isolated in the bustling city, yearning for the quiet of the countryside.
- The mountain cabin offered a perfect isolated retreat from the urban chaos.
- The old castle on the hill appeared isolated under the moonlight.
- The shipwreck survivors were isolated on the uninhabited island.
- In her remote cabin, she led an isolated life away from modern conveniences.
- The desert can be an isolated and unforgiving place.
- The nomadic tribe lived an isolated existence, moving with the seasons.
- The scientific research station in Antarctica is one of the most isolated on Earth.
- He felt isolated in the foreign land, unable to speak the local language.
- The cozy cottage by the lake offered a peaceful and isolated getaway.
- The ancient ruins in the jungle were hidden and isolated for centuries.
- She found an isolated spot on the beach to watch the sunset in solitude.
- The small town was isolated by heavy snowfall, making travel impossible.
Check also: Informed Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
Recap of what we just learned
- Isolated Definition
- Isolated Meaning
- Origin of Isolated
- Real World Examples of Isolated
- Isolated Synonyms
- Isolated Antonyms
- Sentences for Isolated
Isolated represents a state of being cut off, detached, or separated from others, whether physically or emotionally. This concept is reflected in various aspects of life, from geographical isolation to social and emotional detachment. Understanding its synonyms and antonyms provides a rich vocabulary to articulate situations where isolated plays a significant role.
If you really enjoyed the article “What are Isolated Synonyms?,” then I would be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Have you read “Example Sentences with Isolated?“ Which of these blogs are you reading, and how is it similar to one of them?
- Involvement Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Introduction Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Interpretation Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Integral Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Inherent Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Informative Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Industry Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Inconvenience Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Incident Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Improving Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Impacted Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Image Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Intriguing Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Intention Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Inspo Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Insightful Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Input Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences