‘Initially’ is a term that marks the beginning of a process or period, indicating the first stages or moments of a particular endeavor. It embodies the idea of starting points and the initial phases of development. In this blog post, we’ll explore the origin and history of the word ‘initially,’ provide real-world examples, and compile a comprehensive list of synonyms and antonyms to convey the varied ways in which we express the concept of beginnings.
Check also: Inclusion Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
Origin and History of “Initially”
The term ‘initially’ has its roots in the word ‘initial,’ which originates from the Late Latin word ‘initialis,’ meaning ‘of or belonging to the beginning.’ This Latin term is derived from ‘initium,’ which translates to ‘beginning’ or ‘commencement.’ Over time, ‘initially’ has become an integral part of our language, serving as a crucial adverb that signifies the starting point of a sequence, process, or narrative.
Real-World Examples of Initially
- Initially Launching a Business: A concrete example of the term ‘initially’ can be seen in the context of entrepreneurship. When an individual decides to start a business, they initially engage in market research, business planning, and securing funding. This initial phase sets the foundation for the business’s future success.
- Scientific Experiments: In scientific research, experiments initially involve hypothesis formulation, setting up equipment, and conducting preliminary tests. This early stage is critical to gathering data and laying the groundwork for the broader scientific investigation.
List of Initially Synonyms (Another Word for Initially)
Here is the list of Initially Synonyms:
- At first: At the commencement or beginning of a sequence.
- Initially: In the initial or starting phase of an action or process.
- In the beginning: At the outset or starting point.
- Firstly: Used to introduce the first point or step in a sequence.
- Commencing: Marking the start or initiation of something.
- At the onset: At the very beginning or start.
- Inaugurally: In a manner related to the inauguration or initiation.
- At the commencement: At the start or initiation of an event or process.
- To start with: As the first point or element in a series.
- At the outset: At the very beginning or start of a sequence.
Check also: Indeed Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
List of Antonyms for Initially
Here is the list of of opposite words for Initially:
- Finally: At the concluding stage or end of a sequence.
- Ultimately: In the end or as a final outcome.
- Eventually: Over time; after a series of events or developments.
- Subsequently: Following the initial stages or later in time.
- Lastly: As the final point or element in a series.
- At the end: In the concluding phase or towards the conclusion.
- Afterward: Following the initial actions or later in a sequence.
- In the final analysis: At the conclusion or after considering all factors.
- Ultimately: Eventually or in the final stages.
- At last: Finally or after a prolonged period.
Example Sentences with Initially
Here is a list of example sentences with Initially:
- The entrepreneur initially faced challenges in securing startup capital.
- Initially, the researchers were focused on formulating a hypothesis.
- The student initially struggled with complex mathematical concepts.
- Initially, the project team met to outline the scope and objectives.
- Initially, the artist experimented with different styles before finding their signature approach.
- Initially, the product received mixed reviews from early users.
- The team initially brainstormed ideas for the upcoming campaign.
- Initially, the concept of artificial intelligence was met with skepticism.
- The novel initially introduces the protagonist in a mundane setting.
- Initially, the patient showed positive responses to the new treatment.
- The teacher initially covered fundamental principles before diving into advanced topics.
- Initially, the explorers faced challenges adapting to the unfamiliar terrain.
- The software initially underwent rigorous testing to identify potential bugs.
- Initially, the team encountered resistance to implementing new policies.
- The athlete initially struggled with the intensity of the training regimen.
‘Initially’ serves as a linguistic gateway to the beginnings of endeavors, marking the crucial early phases of various processes. Synonyms and antonyms provide a spectrum of expressions that encapsulate the essence of commencement and progression. Whether embarking on a business venture, conducting scientific experiments, or exploring artistic endeavors, understanding the diverse ways we articulate the concept of beginnings enriches our communication and appreciation for the unfolding of events over time.
If you really enjoyed the article “What are Initially Synonyms?,” then I would be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!