In this article, I am going to provide a list of Immediately synonyms, another word for Immediately, Example Sentences with Immediately and Antonyms for Immediately.
Immediately – a term denoting an action or event occurring without delay, instantly, or at once. It carries a sense of urgency and promptness, indicating a swift response or reaction to a situation. In today’s fast-paced world, the concept of immediacy is crucial, shaping our interactions, decisions, and responses. This blog post explores the various facets of immediacy, understanding its significance in different contexts, and discovering synonyms that capture its essence vividly.
Check also: Issue Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
Source: English As A Second Language
Origin and History of “Immediately”
The word immediately originates from the Latin word ‘immediatus,’ which means ‘without anything between.’ Over centuries, its meaning evolved to represent swift action, emphasizing the absence of delay or interruption. Immediacy, as a concept, has been fundamental in human communication and problem-solving, reflecting the need for timely and efficient responses.
Real-World Examples of Immediately
1. The fire alarm rang, and the firefighters rushed immediately to the scene, their prompt response preventing a potential disaster. In this example, “immediately” underscores the urgency of the firefighters’ reaction, emphasizing the swift action taken to address the emergency.
2. Upon receiving the urgent message, she left immediately for the airport, showcasing her immediate response to the critical situation. Here, “immediately” highlights the woman’s quick decision-making and immediate departure in response to the urgent message.
List of Immediately Synonyms (Another Word for Immediately)
Here is the list of Immediately Synonyms:
- Instantly: Denoting a response or action occurring without any delay, instantly implies immediate and direct action.
- Promptly: Swiftly and without delay, promptly emphasizes a quick response or action, often in a timely manner.
- Instantaneously: Happening instantly or immediately, instantaneously signifies an action occurring in an instant, without any pause.
- Directly: Immediately or without deviation, directly implies a straight and immediate path without delay.
- Straightaway: Immediately or right away, straightaway emphasizes a direct and prompt course of action.
List of Antonyms for Immediately
Here is the list of of opposite words for Immediately:
- Gradually: Denoting a slow or gradual progression, gradually signifies a process occurring over time, in contrast to immediate action.
- Delayed: Referring to an action that is postponed or slowed down, delayed indicates a hindrance or interruption in immediate progress.
- Slowly: At a slow pace or without speed, slowly contrasts the swift and rapid nature of immediate action.
- Hesitantly: With hesitation or reluctance, hesitantly indicates a lack of immediate decision-making or action.
- Postponed: Delayed or rescheduled, postponed denotes an action that is deferred to a later time, not occurring immediately.
Example Sentences with Immediately
Here is a list of example sentences with Immediately:
- She responded immediately to the urgent call for help, demonstrating her readiness to assist.
- Immediately after the announcement, the crowd erupted into cheers and applause.
- The instructions were clear, and she followed them immediately without any confusion.
- Immediately upon entering the room, he sensed a change in the atmosphere.
- The news spread immediately, reaching every corner of the town within hours.
- Immediately after the storm passed, the rescue teams were deployed to assess the damage.
- The email was sent immediately to ensure it reached the recipient before the deadline.
- The decision was made immediately, considering the urgency of the matter at hand.
- Immediately after the performance, the artist was surrounded by fans seeking autographs.
- The solution became apparent immediately, simplifying the complex problem.
- Immediately after the meeting, they initiated the plan discussed to address the issue.
- The technology allowed for data retrieval immediately, enhancing productivity and efficiency.
- He recognized the danger immediately, taking swift action to prevent any accidents.
- Immediately after the accident, emergency services were dispatched to the location.
- The applause began immediately after the final note, echoing through the concert hall.
Check also: Idea Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
Recap of what we just learned
- Immediately Definition
- Immediately Meaning
- Origin of Immediately
- Real World Examples of Immediately
- Immediately Synonyms
- Immediately Antonyms
- Sentences for Immediately
Immediacy is a concept that defines our ability to respond promptly and effectively in various situations. Whether it’s a crisis, a decision-making process, or a creative endeavor, the essence of immediacy underscores the importance of swift and timely action. In a world where time is of the essence, the ability to act immediately can often be the key to success, ensuring that opportunities are seized and challenges are met head-on. Balancing immediacy with careful consideration is essential, highlighting the importance of both rapid response and thoughtful reflection in our daily lives.
If you really enjoyed the article “What are Immediately Synonyms?,” then I would be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Have you read “Example Sentences with Immediately?“ Which of these blogs are you reading, and how is it similar to one of them?
- Ignore Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Ideas Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Ideal Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Inspired Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Innovative Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Indicate Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Improvement Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Impressive Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Intense Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Inspire Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Insight Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Impactful Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Incredible Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Interest Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Importance Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Implement Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Identify Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences