How to improve reading comprehension skills? When students have problem in reading, it can affect their performance in many subjects even in mathematics, physics and chemistry. Poor reading skills and comprehension can cause frustration, low self-confidence, and poor grades.
But difficulty with reading and with comprehension are some things which will be improved with regular practice. By learning to read effectively, your child can build skills which will help improve his or her reading skills and comprehension.
What Is Reading Comprehension?
Reading comprehension is that the ability to read a sentence and understand its meaning. It is the power to look at written words and process the meaning or ideas behind them.
Reading comprehension isn’t just understanding one word or its meaning—it is that the ability to acknowledge words, sentences, and paragraphs and add up of the general meaning.
Here is best video clip to understand what actually Reading Comprehension and How to improve reading comprehension skills.
How to improve reading comprehension skills?
In this section I have made 25 multiple choice questions for reading comprehension practice. This practice test is beginners for Grade 2 and Grade 2.
Identify the correct answer after reading the paragraph carefully:
1. Asif is eating a burger. His favorite food is sandwich. He does not eat candies.
What is Asif eating?
2. Asif is eating a burger. His favorite food is sandwich. He does not eat candies.
What is favorite food of Asif?
3. Atif studies in Lahore. His parents live in Sialkot. He will go to Islamabad next year.
Where will Atif go next year?
4. Atif studies in Lahore. His parents live in Sialkot. He will go to Islamabad next year.
Where does Atif study?
5. Arif has a parrot, a duck and a hen. The parrot’s name is Bunty. The duck’s name is Tato and the hen’s name is Rina. They play together.
What is the name of parrot?
6. Arif has a parrot, a duck and a hen. The parrot’s name is Bunty. The duck’s name is Tato and the hen’s name is Rina. They play together.
What is the name of hen?
7. Arif has a parrot, a duck and a hen. The parrot’s name is Bunty. The duck’s name is Tato and the hen’s name is Rina. They play together.
What is the name of duck?
8. Saad, Jamil and Ali are best friends. Ali writes poems and draw pictures. Saad loves his pictures and Jamil likes his poems.
Who writes poems?
9. Maria is ten years old. She has a sister and a brother. Her sister is eight years old. Her brother is five years old.
How old is Maria’s brother?
10. Aqsa is wearing a pink dress. She has purple shoes. Her blue bag is looking beautiful.
What is the color of Aqsa’s shoes?
11. A lion was sleeping under a tree. A mouse was jumping on his head. The hunter was hiding behind a bush.
Who was sleeping under a tree?
12. Aslam lives in Gujrat. He is going to visit his uncle in Lahore. They will go the fort for picnic.
Where does Aslam live?
B. The Fort
13. Usman studies in Karachi. His parents are coming to visit him from Multan. He will go to Lahore with them.
Where will Usman go with his parents?
14. Hina, Zoya and Saba are friends. Hina likes cricket and Saba likes football. They play together.
Who likes football?
15. Ali goes to the village. His brother lives there. Ali stays with him. He met his uncles and his friend Aayan.
Who goes to the village?
16. Irfan has a duck who lives in a green house. It has a yellow beak. It lays white eggs.
What is the color of the duck’s beak?
17. Usman has a brother who plays games on his computer. Usman reads books. His sister goes to park to play.
What does Usman’s brother do?
A. plays games
B. go to park
C. read books
18. Fahad goes to school in Faisalabad. His father works at hospital in Lahore. His grandfather works in a shoe factory in Gujrat.
Where does Fahad’s father work?
19. Batool works in a shop. She works there in the evening. She sells vegetables.
What does Batool sell?
20. Zeb’s favorite fruit is mango. It is yellow in color. It is sweet in taste.
What is Zeb’s favorite fruit?
21. Omar has a small room. There is a blue sheet on his bed. There is a small lamp near his bed.
What is there near the bed?
22. Zeb’s favorite fruit is mango. It is yellow in color. It is sweet in taste.
What is the color of mango?
23. Amna has two brothers. Their names are Ali and Arif. Ali studies in class five. Arif studies in class three.
Which class does Arif study in?
24. Alia is cooking rice. Her mother is washing dishes. Her brother is helping her mother.
What is Alia’s mother doing?
A. helping Alia
B. cooking rice
C. washing dishes
25. My house has four rooms. It has seven doors and five windows. I love my house.
How many rooms are there in my house?
LND Version 8 - Updated
In LND version 8 updated Reading Comprehension Questions added for practice. With the help of android app, your class 3 students will be engaged deeply with activities and hold his concentration longer. To make better practice our team made best android app for class 2 and class 3 students. LND Version 8 app is always updated 4 times a month. So, you should check UPDATE even if you already installed. After updating the LND Version 8 android app, you will get latest SLOs. Click image below to get LND Version 8 updated app.
If you really enjoyed this post, I’d be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook and pin post images on your Pinterest. Thank you!
Did you read some “How to improve reading comprehension skills?” on the way? Which one you are reading—and how it is similar to one of these?
- What do you think about How to improve reading comprehension skills?
Leave a comment below to tell us about your feed back!
If you need any topic to about English Grammar – Parts of Speech, let’s know, we will write!
Related Topics: If you really enjoy How to improve reading comprehension skills? then there are some more interesting articles for you!
OUR BEST ANDROID APPS
M.Phil Computer Sciences (SE)
Android App Developer (Native JAVA)
WordPress Web Developer/Administrator
Certified Graphic Designer Blogger, SEO Expert
Social Media Pinterest Marketing.
WhatsApp: +92 3056275237