In this article, I am going to provide a list of Furtive synonyms, another word for Furtive, Example Sentences with Furtive and Antonyms for Furtive.
In the intricate tapestry of human behavior and actions, the word “furtive” holds a special place as a descriptor for actions that are done secretly or in a concealed manner. To be furtive implies behaving in a way that seeks to avoid attention, often due to feelings of guilt or the desire to keep something hidden. Picture someone glancing around before quickly slipping a note into a drawer – that’s a clear illustration of someone engaged in a furtive act, shrouded in secrecy.
Check also: Awesome Cool Words That Start with M
Origin and History of “Furtive”
The term “furtive” has its origins in Latin, coming from the word “furtivus,” which means “stolen” or “secret.” Over time, it evolved to encompass actions that are sly, sneaky, and done with a sense of stealthiness.
Real-World Examples of Furtive
- Classroom Cheating: During the exam, the student’s furtive glances at their hidden notes under the desk went unnoticed by the teacher. Their secretive attempt to cheat was a clear example of a furtive action.
- Surprise Party Planning: In preparation for the surprise party, the friends engaged in furtive discussions and covert planning to ensure the celebration remained a secret until the last moment.
List of Furtive Synonyms (Another Word for Furtive)
Here is the list of Furtive Synonyms:
- Sly: Actions done in a cunning or deceitful manner.
- Stealthy: Characterized by careful and deliberate concealment.
- Secretive: Involving actions that are intentionally kept hidden.
- Clandestine: Conducted in secrecy, often with illicit intent.
- Covert: Done in a way that is not easily noticed or detected.
- Hush-hush: Engaging in confidential or hushed activities.
- Sneaky: Characterized by actions that are sly and underhanded.
- Clandestine: Involving actions that are kept hidden and secretive.
- Underhanded: Done in a deceitful or dishonest manner.
Check also: Awesome Cool Words That Start with L
List of Antonyms for Furtive
Here is the list of of opposite words for Furtive:
- Open: Behaving in a transparent and straightforward manner.
- Honest: Engaging in actions that are sincere and truthful.
- Direct: Conducting oneself with openness and straightforwardness.
- Overt: Involving actions that are easily observable and not hidden.
- Frank: Engaging in open and candid behavior.
- Transparent: Characterized by actions that are clear and easy to understand.
- Aboveboard: Behaving in a manner that is open and honest.
- Candid: Involving actions that are straightforward and honest.
- Public: Conducting oneself in a manner that is visible to all.
Example Sentences with Furtive
Here is a list of example sentences with Furtive:
- The detective noticed the suspect’s furtive glances, which indicated that they might be hiding something.
- The child’s furtive attempts to peek at the presents before the party were met with playful scolding.
- The spy’s furtive movements allowed them to slip away from the room without being detected.
- During the negotiation, the rival company’s CEO exchanged a furtive look with their attorney, hinting at hidden intentions.
- The thief’s furtive attempt to grab the wallet from the table was thwarted by the vigilant store owner.
- The comedian’s furtive glance at their notes on stage was a subtle break from their usual spontaneous performance.
- The couple shared a furtive smile across the crowded room, knowing that their romantic relationship was still a secret.
- The actress’s furtive conversation with the director suggested that they were discussing a new project in private.
- The employee’s furtive behavior near the office printer raised suspicions about potential unauthorized printing.
- The student’s furtive whisper during the exam caught the teacher’s attention, leading to a reprimand.
Check also: Awesome Cool Words That Start with K
In the complex landscape of human interaction, furtive actions can often carry shades of ambiguity and secrecy. While there are instances when discretion is warranted, it’s important to strike a balance between maintaining privacy and upholding honesty. Understanding the implications of furtive behaviors and their impact on trust and relationships is crucial for fostering transparent and open communication. ?️?
If you really enjoyed the article “What are Furtive Synonyms?,” then I would be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Have you read “Example Sentences with Furtive?“ Which of these blogs are you reading, and how is it similar to one of them?
- Frenzy Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- Forlorn Synonyms, Antonyms, Example Sentences
- What are the characteristics of living things?
- How to Tell if Ground Beef is Bad?
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with Y
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with Z
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with X
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with W
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with V
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with U
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with S
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with T
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with R
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with Q
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with P
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with O
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with N