Our list of 8th grade spelling words includes a variety of challenging and exciting words! What could be more satisfying than knowing how to pronounce and spell words such as the word “phenomenon,” thorough, and voracious?
Students at this stage should know the majority of the terms they’ll use. However, some be struggling with “glitches” – a misunderstood or misunderstood spelling rule, specific words they regularly misspell, as well as some key terms they’ve never heard of.
Eighth graders are developing wide-ranging vocabularies. Make sure they spell the words they are using!
Here’s our list with 350 spelling words from 8th grade that we have selected from various well-known sources. This list is a general reference. But, of course, the curriculum you use and the needs of your students could differ.
You’ll notice that our 8th grade spelling words seem much tougher than spelling words for grade 7! So why is the difficulty so much?
- Vocabulary of students is increasing quickly.
- Eighth graders are using words that have more and more suffixes and prefixes.
- Other subjects, such as sciences and math will require students to spell more difficult words.
YourInfoMaster.Com can assist 8th grade students in discovering new words and expanding their vocabulary. This time, we’ve prepared an alphabetically ordered list of words for spelling bees for students in the 8th grade.
Here’s a print-friendly listing of 8th grade spelling words. This eighth grade spelling list is a general-purpose list comprised of a mixture of long vowel words, short vowel words, eighth grade sight words, and many more, all contained in a 350-word list.
8th Grade Spelling Curriculum Sequence
In the 8th grade, kids work on their literacy skills as they prepare for Middle School to High School!
Students in 8th grade must be fluent in about 15,000 words and learn more than one million words each year. In addition, eighth grade spelling students must be able to identify words they’ve never heard of before through a thorough comprehension of English spelling rules. They should also be aware of strategies to spell words they’ve never seen before.
Thus, the focus on spelling in the eighth grade is to ensure that the students know about the spelling conventions and can correctly use them. An excellent example of a spelling rule is that if a suffix begins with a vowel such as -ABLE or even -ING and the root word is terminated with one vowel and consonant; the letter will be multiplied.
Likewise, it is evident that STOP turns into STOP, TAP is transformed into TAPPED, and CLAP is changed to CLAPPING. In addition, there are numerous other spelling conventions discussed and introduced during the 8th grade spelling period that help the student’s proficiency in writing and reading in the English language.
Children learn about spelling through various activities that incorporate a variety of creative ways to make the eighth grade spelling program enjoyable for the children. However, be aware that each child learns at their own pace and therefore, what works for one student might not be the best strategy that your child needs.
The Foundational Spelling Skills
Spelling skills must be developed as part of a comprehensive phonemic awareness in language arts reading comprehension, phonics vocabulary, reading fluency, and grammar, reading and writing programs.
In addition, the children should (with the help of their parents) improve their spelling skills by pursuing an enthusiasm for writing regularly, continuous reading, studying spelling rules, and playing spelling games.
YourInfoMaster.Com offers an entire 8th grade spelling program with fun activities that build solid foundations for spelling. Furthermore, your child is likely to succeed in the eighth grade of spelling.
8th Grade Spelling Words List
What spelling words should your eighth grader be familiar with? Here’s a list of 350 words suitable for spelling tests, spelling games, or practicing for the upcoming spelling competition. For more fun, read the seventh-grade spelling words before starting grade 8 spelling words!
Here is the big collection of 8th Grade Spelling Words that can be introduced to middle school students of grade eight.
How to teach 8th Grade Spelling Words?
A typical school year lasts 36 weeks. The spelling words for grade 8 are broken down into 32 weeks.
The first four weeks
Before attempting to learn to spell, 8th grade children have to establish an understanding of phonics. The first four weeks should be spent working on:
- The alphabet
- The sounds the letters make
- Learning to write letters
- Starting to read
In the next 32 weeks
Download the master spelling list for the 6th grade at the bottom of the page. You can download it for free and then print it.
Activities for learning in the 8th grade spelling has never been so enjoyable! No pencil and paper are required to use these easy ways to pronounce the words and practice spell-checking in the house or school. Learn the words from the 8th grade spelling list in many different ways!
Which of these incredibly 8th Grade Spelling Words that are most helpful in your daily life? Have you found some new 8th Grade Spelling Words that are more appealing to you? Spread these Spelling Words by sending a text with these words for someone you love and adore.
If you enjoyed 8th Grade Spelling Words List, I’d be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Did you read these 8th Grade Spelling Words List on the way? Which one do you read? Let us know if you have any question. We will gladly explain!
Recap of we just learned
- 8th Grade Spelling Curriculum Sequence
- The Foundational Spelling Skills
- 8th Grade Spelling Words List
- How to teach Eighth Grade Spelling Words?
- The first four weeks
- In the next 32 weeks
Other Posts You May Like
- One Syllable Words List – Syllable Words Bank
- Two Syllable Words List – Syllable Words Bank
- Three Syllable Words List – Syllable Words Bank
- Four Syllable Words List – Syllable Words Bank
- Five Syllable Words List – Syllable Words Bank
- Six Syllable Words List – Syllable Words Bank
Short and Long Words List
Awesome Cool Positive Words
- Positive Words That Start With A
- Positive Words That Start With B
- Positive Words That Start With C
- Positive Words That Start With D
- Positive Words That Start With E
- Positive Words That Start With F
- Positive Words That Start With G
- Positive Words That Start With H
- Positive Words That Start With I
- Positive Words That Start With J
- Positive Words That Start With K
- Positive Words That Start With L
- Positive Words That Start With M
- Positive Words That Start With N
- Positive Words That Start With O
- Positive Words That Start With P
- Positive Words That Start With Q
- Positive Words That Start With R
- Positive Words That Start With S
- Positive Words That Start With T
- Positive Words That Start With U
- Positive Words That Start With V
- Positive Words That Start With W
- Positive Words That Start With X
- Positive Words That Start With Y
- Positive Words That Start With Z
Awesome Cool Words A to Z
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with A
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with B
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with C
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with D
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with E
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with F
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with G
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with H
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with I
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with J
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with K
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with L
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with M
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with N
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with O
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with P
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with Q
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with R
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with S
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with T
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with U
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with V
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with W
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with X
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with Y
- Awesome Cool Words That Start with Z